I wrote a little shell script to export Safari‘s RSS feeds as an OPML file. This enabled me to import my list of feeds into other News Aggregators.
Update: I have also created an Automator Applicaton, so that the opml file can be created by just doubling clicking.
Click here to download the Automator Application – Just double click and a Safari.opml file will be created on the desktop containing all your feeds.
To get the OPML bookmarks, go to the directory where you saved the script and run sh ExportRss2Opml.sh > safari.opml in the Terminal.
The file safari.opml will be an opml file containing your Safari feeds. I have tested the script by importing the resulting opml file into bloglines and Firefox’s Sage extension. Your mileage may vary. Let me know if you have any problems or comments.
- Need to replace xmlUrl with htmlUrl to import into wordpress. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/2432
- Automator Version 1.2
Shell Script Version 1.2 (Oct 19 2005)
- Created an automator version. Just double click and it will create a Safari.opml file for you on the Desktop.
- Released the code into the public domain
- Version 1.1 (Jun 18 2005)
- Escaped more special characters in the title field
- Version 1.0
- Hmm, maybe I would have saved more time if I had done it manually